No Day But Today

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Coop




The Harvard Bookstore is called the Coop. (Short for 'the co-op' of course which students 1882 created to service the community). But it is pronounced the Coop- just like me! How did they know way back then that I would be making my way up to Boston in the year 2006? I have gone by the Coop a few times thinking I will pick something up as a souvenir, but I am super intimidated even by the hooded sweatshirts! How crazy is that? I mean, I am working at a Harvard hospital.. perhaps one day soon I will get over it. I've also included a pic of Harvard Med which I walk by everyday from the T station to work. It's right on Longwood Ave, and it is BEAUtiful.. it's as regal as you would want Harvard med to be. The last picture is of Julie and I hanging out with John Harvard. Apparently if you rub his foot, you are offered good luck. I would dare to say that he is no match for David R. Francis (for all of those Tigers out there), but we tried it anyway. So far so good! The other Harvard tie of the day: I re-picked up the book Mountains Beyond Mountains to finish it off, and I realized that the physician in the book was the ID attending at 'The Brigham', another Harvard partner hospital where we at DFCI (Dana Farber Cancer Institute) send our patients to be admitted. Life comes full circle in the strangest ways. Well... back to 30 minute meals. Have I mentioned that I am loving having cable??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home