No Day But Today

Monday, December 22, 2008

Arctic Blast 08

Greetings from the icy, snowy Pac NW. We've been snowed in since about Thursday, though Mike did manage to get the Tuscon down our hill in order to pick me up from work today. He's a WONDERFUL husband. I begged and pleaded because it took me 35 minutes to walk home from the bus stop after my hour (+) ride home from work yesterday. I just simply don't like my job enough to devote 3 hours of commute time daily! Please enjoy some pics from this city that remains stunningly beautiful always, no matter how stressful the roads are.


This was early on in Thursday's snow fall. I think we ended up with 7 1/2. We added about 6 inches to it on Sunday, and they are expecting more tonight. The roads are absolutely horrible as there are 27 (TOTAL) snow plows in ALL of Seattle. They say it's because we never get snow here. Mike, however, has lived here 3 winters, and 2 of the 3, they've had a major storm.

This is our street. Yikes. Luckily none of those cars are ours!

I-90 in the snow.

The poor postman got stuck in our parking lot yesterday. Mike has been getting to know all of the neighbors this week because they've been out pushing cars and turning off the water of the end condo whose pipes broke.

It's so beautiful! Some things we've learned from this snow storm: rain boots do not work for snow boots. I've been hiking down to Safeway (the grocery) and Target (buying puzzles) in my rain boots. They are SO cute and SO cold! Mike bought me snow boots for this week since I would be hiking to the bus stop! They work SO much better! Mike has learned that when you have an invite to go snowboarding and snow is in the forecast, you should go. Otherwise, you'll be stuck at home telecommuting dreaming of all of your friends playing in the powder. We also learned that when you have a Christmas party and snow is in the forecast, you shouldn't make 2 pounds of meatballs because inevitably, no one will be able to make it in, and you'll be eating meatballs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Good snowball making snow! One more hilarious story, and then I am done.. on the news they interviewed a guy who went to the grocery to pick up milk, bread, and pickles. He didn't think his family could live without pickles. Oh Seattle, sometimes you are so weird.

The snow is stressing me out. As beautiful as it is, getting to work is anxiety provoking to say the list. Getting home is even worse. SeaTac airport is a disaster, and they are cancelling flights like crazy. I warned Mike that if we don't make it to St. Louis this Saturday, he will have tears to deal with! I really hope we don't have to face that! I am going to sign off to continue working on the puzzle.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home