No Day But Today

Saturday, January 26, 2008

January

January has been a whirlwind. The first 15 days were spent working on my graduate school application as I 'postponed' my acceptance to SLU's nurse practitioner program and moved up to Seattle. (Great decision!) I still feel like I should have the desire to pursue my masters, but my frame of reference for my future has changed considerably in the last 12 months. I am not as confident in this application, and I'm not sure it will get me in to the school. I have peace about the situation, though, and I know God will have me where I need to be. I would be ok with being in school, and I would be ok with spending the first years of marriage focusing on building a home and being more available to our relationship. We talked in church today about having faith today that God will provide for tomorrow. An interesting concept- I will have faith that He will reveal his plan! In the midst of not-fun applications, we had visits from Becca and Julie. Becca is applying for jobs in the Pac NW, so we toured some of the different campuses around town. We discovered a glass museum down in Tacoma. Pictured above is the roof of a walking bridge. It's made up of many tiles like this one. Awesome!

Chihuly (sp?) glass bridge. Looks like rock candy to me...

Becca and me. Can you believe the sun in this January sky? I promise we were in Seattle!

This picture is a little bit closer to a typical Seattle sky in January. This is Julie and me on a ferry- on our way back to Seattle. Julie and I are good friends from Nashville; we were nurses on 11N together. She just finished graduate school, passed her nurse practitioner boards, and is now deciding what's next. We are pulling for Africa...

This is just a little sneak preview of what is to come in September. I was SO blessed to be able to go home last weekend to wedding plan. My mom and Kim were the perfect companions, and they helped me pick out a dress, a photographer, and a cake! It was a GREAT trip, and it was super hard to leave. I missed that boy too much, though, to stay away any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home