No Day But Today

Saturday, July 08, 2006

My friend Julie


This is my dear friend Julie from Nashville. She's an original Jersey girl and found her way to TN via Virginia for a bit. Anyway, we both want to save the world and/or live in a hut in Africa forever. She, however, is much closer to that goal than I am because she left for a 2 week mission trip to the Philippines today! She is an incredible nurse and a wonderful servant to Christ. She joins other medical and nurse practitioner students from Vandy and Duke on this treck across the world to spread some hope (and some medicine!) to those in need. The start of her trip is def the coolest thing that happened in my little world today, so I thought it clearly needed a highlight. I am sure their team would appreciate prayers as well. Oh, this is a picture of Julie (no, it's not me...everyone at Vanderbilt thought we were twins) in Boston. We conquered the road from TN-MA together. She's wonderful. God Bless the people of the Philippines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home