No Day But Today

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Wonderful Weekend


Hello from Boston friends! It's been a wonderful weekend here in Bean Town. I mean incredible. I hope that if you are reading this you've had a wonderful weekend to. Come on a journey with me... Friday night after work I met up with Adam, a friend from Mizzou, and some of his friends from camp. We went out to a little pub in Davis Square which is where Tufts is. Who knew? Not me! So turns out this group of people is super fabulous. We danced the night away, and we made plans to dine at a delicious Indian Rest. there in Davis Sq. too.. it is SO cute! I am telling you it was just so much fun. Saturday I pretty much spent the day outside. I took a good run around my favorite route by the river, across the Mass Ave bridge, by MIT, through the woods, and then to Grandmother's house. It's quite the trip=). Spent the rest of the day reading and journaling at Boston Common and the Public Garden. There were tons of kids running around with their faces painted as there was a Watermelon festival at the Common. If only I were still 8... and TODAY, my friend Sarah (that I met at Boggy Creek summer 04..she is in nursing school here in Boston s/p a year in the peace corps) went Kayaking in Rhode Island. This was my first time to Rhode Island, and what a grand time it was! Her friend Rob from high school is a kayak instructor.. we got personal lessons! And, if you are reading this, you know that with anything athletic I need TLC! He showed us a great time on the Narrow River- we rode it down to the shore of Narragansett Bay. B-E-A-Utiful! We then headed back up to Boston to watch Italy beat France in the final game of the World Cup.. oh, and yes we finished out the day with Sushi. I mean I am on cloud 9! The picture above is of us outside Symphony Hall where we took the green line our separate ways at the end of today. What more could I ask for? Oh, I have tomorrow off....

1 Comments:

  • Tomorrow off? Now I am jealous! Adam made it safely back to St. Louis. He was also impressed with Boston! Enjoy your day tomorrow while the rest of us go back to WORK!

    By Blogger Bradford L. Stevens, at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home