No Day But Today

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Anything goes..


In San Francisco that is. Every hour I spend out in the city, the more that I love it! I recall a few blogs ago that I was looking forward to beach time. Well, here I am- the travel nurse who didn't do her research. It's COLD here! =). It's hot across the bay in Berkeley and Oakland, etc but very foggy and windy here. The type of wind that's so strong your eyes water. Let me tell you that fleeces were made for cities like San Francisco. They are wonderful! About the city- people watching has taken a step above and beyond even an airport setting. I wouldn't say I am the minority here, but certainly not the majority either. The definition of melting pot was created in SF. It's such a spiritual piece in a city that stereotypically would be 'anti-that'. I know, I think everything is spiritual (I pretty much do..) but it really is, and it's a great experience. I work with people literally from all over the world. England, Ireland, Scotland, all Asian countries, Australia, even a nurse from Webster Groves. Quite the diversity. I also need to comment that this is by far the friendliest city I have EVER lived in. Everywhere I go people make conversation. I love it! I love the water, the hills, the people, the food.. I found a restaurant named Pacific Catch with all fresh fish dishes topped with avocado! (I know, I am a foodie too). Re: UCSF- After a few more shifts there, I find it more medically competent that I originally thought; however, it is the least nursing friendly place I could ever imagine. (probably why they need travelers). An interesting learning experience. I am off to another shift tomorrow so I should sign out now. If you are reading this, I can guarantee I miss you!

1 Comments:

  • You give new meaning to "Coast to Coast"! Good luck in your new venture in San Fran. I have a neice who moved to San Francisco last year. She is about your age and loves it out there also. If you need a contact, we can put you in touch with Wendy. We enjoy your blog. Greetings from the heartland.

    By Blogger Bradford L. Stevens, at 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home