No Day But Today

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh, Canada

Oh, Canada, our home and native land. True patriot love in all the sons command. Don't worry, after spending the weekend in Vancouver, I'm not going crazy Canadian on you. I did, however, make Mike listen to the national anthem as we waited in line at the border to cross customs. (Thank you, 'Eh Plus Tour' Mix!). The city of Vancouver, despite the rain on Saturday, has a great character to it. I want to spend some more time there... and take the train. We boarded the Amtrak train Saturday a.m. but only made it 15 miles because there was a mudslide just north that made the track 'impassable' or something like that! That was a first for sure! I admit, I borrowed this pic from my collection from a few weeks ago. It was taken at the border, though, and it is so fitting for this blog entry!
Are you so pumped that they highlight the ARCH on the 'Welcome to America' sign?!? Way to represent STL!

Vancouver from Stanley Park. The architecture in this city really focuses on glass and interesting dimensions. None of the buildings are just a straight up rectangle. It's pretty, rain or shine.

Totem pole at Stanley Park.


On the west side of the city is Stanley park.. sort of like Forest Park but a bit more safe I think. (I hope). There is a sea wall around the perimeter that runs about 5.5 miles. Sunday was such a beautiful day that Mike and I walked the whole thing. Here's a pic from the seawall. I love the Pine of the upper NW.

Grouse Mountain.. you very well may hear more about this in the 2010 Winter Olympics!


1 Comments:

  • Cooper, you went to my HOMELAND!!!
    Love you
    Naomi PRashad

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home