No Day But Today

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Guys, Dolls, and Green Wigs

Happy Sunday! This will be a 2 weekend review all in one! Hope this finds you all doing wonderfully! Last weekend I had the HUGE blessing of being able to go home to see Steven (note previous blog entry) perform as Nathan Detroit in the Marquette High School rendition of Guys and Dolls. He was fabulous; nailed the accent and forgot not one word. He did 'rock the boat' a bit though... if you don't get that, perhaps you aren't a huge dork like me who also did this play in high school. I ,however, unlike my awesome bro, came nowhere close to a lead role! I am so proud to know him! It's like 'Nathan, I know him! ' Yeah Marquette High!
His head shot. Please don't mind the glare... on my pic or his glasses! I should keep this, it could be worth a lot of money some day!

This weekend was full of Seattle exploring that I could totally see and appreciate! I went to the eye doc this weekend (which hasn't happened in about 3 years!). Let's just say the prescription change has aided my vision very well! We found the 'Best (Zagat rated) Burgers in Seattle' which I ran off this morning in the 23rd St. Patrick's Day Dash. 15,000 Seattlites gowned up in rain gear and green wigs to get this week started of right! Mike and I were like drowned rats at the end of the 3.5 mile run from Seattle Center (space needle), down the Viaduct (along Puget Sound), and to Safeco field (where the Mariners play). It was still great fun though!

Just an example of some of the Green... some people didn't even have to put wigs on, their hair was already green. It is the west coast you know..




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home