No Day But Today

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sunny Seattle in the Spring

Seattle never ceases to amaze me....this place is breathtaking! I love it so much that thinking about leaving in a month is beginning to make me nauseous (the reasons for that are many!) Please enjoy some of my daily views. Sailboats docked on Lake Washington. This part of the lake is in Kirkland, on the east side of the city. We took a walk down this pier with Ben and Jerrys' in hand. I had the *NEW* flavor 'Cinnamon Buns'. It was just about heaven in a little cup.
I think this looks like an entry way to 'The Secret Garden.' It's at the Washington State Arboretum (just a mile from the UW campus)
Flowers at the Arboretum

Rhododendron Hybrids (hot pink!)

The Olympic Mountain Range at Sunset. This view is taken from West Seattle (one of my fave new spots!). The Water is the Puget Sound.
Mike and me hiking a few weeks ago. We did a good job taking the pic of ourselves! Mt. Si in the background.

I have been desperately trying for weeks to get a good picture to depict the diversity of green here. I have never seen anything like this. The fresh, lightly colored, spring buds are right next to the deep, dark fir trees all over the place. These patterns just cover the hillsides of Seattle. This picture will never do it justice. But please just imagine the Emerald City at its most spectacular showing!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home