No Day But Today

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Unwritten

I have posted the lyrics to the song Unwritten. I am totally aware that this is a silly Top 40 song that is a few months old, but I just feel like they are so poignant, especially in our 'adult youth'. Enjoy!

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined, I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned.

Staring at the blank page before you, Open up the dirty window, Let the sun illuminate the words that you can not find. Reaching for something in the distance, So close you can almost taste it, Release your inhibitions!

Feel the rain on your skin, No one else can feel it for you. Only you can let it in. No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips. Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open.

Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten .

I know I am corny, but I just feel like we all have this blank page, and it is up to our attitude to write the book of our lives... no one else can feel it for you. It is very applicable to the 24 year old me anyway! Sort of on the same lines, I have some spiritual insight for the day. I went to the Park Street Church today (it was built in 1809), and it's gorgeous on the inside. I am so glad that someone so long ago started the trend of beautiful buildings to worship God in. Doesn't he deserve the most intricately detailed beauty? Clearly you could worship in a cardboard box, but I love that token of affection for Him. So Park St. Church was the most diverse church I have ever been too, and I was so excited about that.... there is just so much grace in that. The multicultural body of Christ. Isn't that just exactly how it should be? What a refreshing change. What a friend we have in Jesus!

ps- another great weekend here in Beantown. Danced and went to the Davis Square Artbeat with Lauren from last weekend and enjoyed a great dinner at the Elephant Walk with Laura Kheir who is the college roommate of my Nashville Julie. Connections are great!

2 Comments:

  • Just be careful driving through those tunnels up there!

    By Blogger Bradford L. Stevens, at 8:34 PM  

  • right on Coop...that acutally IS a sweet song, and no doubt your life pages are vibrant & beautiful! good reminder about the attitude. Like the diversity in church too, often so hard to find. Beantown sure has alot to offer... way to soak it in! Have another good weekend :)

    By Blogger hannah, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home