No Day But Today

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fleet Week and Ferries

Fleet Week is part of the Red Bull Air Races. These races happen all over the world, and the only time they are in the US this year was San Fran this weekend. Pilots from all over perform the 'course'. They have these blow up cone type things (see the white above). The planes fly in and out of them twirling and rotating as they pass through the middle of the cone. This took place right over the SF Bay with the Golden Gate in the background. What a fun community event! The afternoon was complete with a 45 minute performance by the US Navy Blue Angels. I don't think I could ever tire of watching them. Someone did a great job on the soundtrack as well. Everything from U2 to Collective Soul to Travis Tritt. I felt so proud to be an American. I was thrilled.
I like this pic because you can see the big screen TV across the Marina with the city in the background. This is my neck of the woods... the Marina! I will post pics of that later this week.
This is the Ferry Building where the ferries come in and out. Today they had a huge Farmer's Market outside, and inside are specialty shops; ie mushrooms, cheese, herbs, tea, bread, oysters.. all have their own shop! Delicious. Rachael Ray did a great job including Acme bread in her 'Tasty Travels' review.

2 Comments:

  • Planes, boats and the ocean! You have it all!

    By Blogger Bradford L. Stevens, at 6:45 AM  

  • Heather! It looks like life is going beautiful for you. I was so happy to get your postcard in the mail. It made my day!

    By Blogger Jess , at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home