No Day But Today

Friday, October 06, 2006

On Life

I love my team. Cards are 2 up on the Padres in this series. It's the October clean slate club, I suppose, and they are doing well with that! In general, life is good. How are you? Know that this entry is a combo of over-tired, sentimental, still out-of-my-comfort-zone, stream of conciousness thoughts. Usually when I am at the point that requires Ben and Jerrys, I wouldn't post.... but here are some of my thoughts from the last few weeks! I worked a full week of nights this week which I have not done in 13 months. I have not missed it one single bit. I've had a constant Headache since Monday and in the last 96 hours, I've worked 40 and slept 15..whew! My body does not work well in this setting! Glad it's a temporary thing. I don't even know why I am complaining about it. I have everything to be grateful for, and I work with people daily who remind me of that. Working with oncology patients is the most humbling thing I have ever done... and it is just one small piece of oppression that this world suffers through. I can't help but think of what I have experienced in my 2 years of nursing mulitplied by a whole world of illness and suffering. Our world is so broken but so beautiful. I appreciate so those in my life who consider the whole picture like that too! I appreciate so much those who get life and stop to think about their blessings occasionally. San Fran has much more of a 'travel nurse' popluation than Boston; talk about an interesting group. I find them to be a pretty demanding group of heavy partiers that say f*$k every other word. Is that a weird stereotype?! So meeting all sorts of new people sometimes makes you even more thankful for your already-set amazing group of friends and family. I still find UCSF to be a bit behind the times, but I enjoy learning the quirks in the system and meeting new, passionate nurses. The staff on 11Long (my floor) are very helpful and engaging which is wonderful. I am enjoying this experience thus far, and much looking forward to the day where it feels like my daily life instead of this weird unknown akward moment! I have Friday and Saturday off with many intentions of great exploration and hopefully some good running (my official 2nd week of training has been a bit slow). I am sure that if you are reading this you are in my thoughts and prayers! Take care. Oh, and please enjoy these couple of pics of the Pac ocean from last weekend. Very gloomy but majestic and romantic.

2 Comments:

  • hey hnc. thank you so much for our phone conversation, which encouraged me to get caught up on your blogs. probably would've been smart to do before we talked. you are an amazing woman, heather noelle, and i'm so thankful for you. thank you for always so candidly sharing your thoughts. enjoy san fran and all that it offers you...and be safe in san diego. i love you dearly.

    By Blogger Kimberly Rae, at 1:50 PM  

  • Yeaaaahh CARDS!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home