No Day But Today

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Castle

Here she is, the infamous Barretstown Castle. I don't know the whole history, but I do know that at one point it was owned by Elizabeth Arden who named her Red Door perfume after the Red Door of this castle. She then sold it to someone else who couldn't keep of with the taxes. He, then, sold it back to the Irish government who contacted Paul Newman. (In case I haven't mentioned before, Barretstown Camp is a part of a larger group of camps started by Paul Newman. They are called Hole in The Wall Gang Camps). Anyway, the Irish government rents the castle to the camp for something like 1 euro a year. Only the medical staff are housed in the Castle. (what a perk!). The Georgian doctor from Session 1 called it her castle. She would say, 'I am off to my castle' in her eastern European accent. I thought it was hilarious- hence the title of this post. My room is on this side; the far left upper windows.
The Red Door. I love the ivy!
Just another side of the castle. I wanted you to have a 3D concept.
This was my room.. the 'Pink Room'. I didn't realize the headboard was so funky. Haha.
This is the 'White Room' where Elizabeth Arden actually passed away. I don't think she still hangs around though. Seemingly, however, there is a ghost in the 'Red Room'. Luckily nurses can't stay there because there's no phone access and we have to be on call. I am clear forever. Stay tuned for pictures of the kiddos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home