No Day But Today

Monday, August 06, 2007

What Happens in Nashvegas Stays in Nashvegas


Oh Nashville... what an interesting city! Every time I go there I remember how much I miss my friends from there, and how glad I am that I no longer live there! This past weekend I went down to celebrate my friend Julie's graduation from Vanderbilt's Nurse Practitioner school. She completed it in a year (!) while she worked full time as well. She flew through it, and kicked it's butt... and now she is enjoying a MUCH needed vacation! Congrats Julie!

Pictured here is my favorite part of Nashville; their life sized replica of the Parthenon! Nashville is regarded as the "Athens of the south"... I think it has something to do with Tennessee being the first state in the south to have a university. (Don't quote me on that) They sure do go with that 'Greek' theme, though, because they sandwich their 'Honky Tonks' between the Colosseum (Titans field) and the Parthenon. Personally, I think it's hilarious.

So here is our beautiful friend Julie posing next to the 'Acute Care' sign. She is officially an ACNP.. Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. Her dream job would be to get back in to trauma or CT surgery (cardiothoracic), and it seems like jobs are going to work out. She's a catch! We'll pray for you for sure, Jules!


Here's Julie with her parents.. Mike and Sharon. The came up from Jupiter, FL where they live! They literally live in the same neighborhood as the Cards spring training field!!!!!!! They may be the luckiest people in the world. We went to visit her folks in March 06, and they took me to a game! Thanks again guys! I can still picture those baseball pants.

Julie's support network! L-R: Kelly (Julie's friend from church who works in the music industry) Brandon and Sarah (husband and wife; friends from college. They are expecting Grace Elizabeth in Sept!) Donna (our 11N mentor; she is just awesome!) Julie, Laura Nye (the sweetest nursing companion you could ever ask for), some random girl.

We all went to Ted's Montana grill after the ceremony and had delicious Bison burgers. They really are great!


On Sunday night, I went over to Naomi's house. She was committed to 11N for Sunday, so she wasn't able to join in the festivities. We had a great time visiting, though, and ate delicious cheesecake and had great laughs. Naomi is from Montreal, and she had one of her friends in town from Canada. Occasionally they would slip in to French. I thought that was awesome.. should have brought one of them in my pocket to Paris! Here we are at the Loveless Cafe where Naomi couldn't be more excited to have 2 huge bowls full of cream and butter. She is the tiniest person who eats the most of anyone that I know!





The Loveless Cafe. The wait staff wear t-shirts that say 'got biscuits?'. No calories here.







I took this picture of the batman building as I was leaving town. You can see the heat in the sky; it's so hazy!
I love my Nashville friends! This may be the last time I am there for a while....!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home